Clip location

Hello all

I was taking the lower dash off to fit a relay on the fag lighter (loony that this is always live).  A clip fell down from around the fuse box/drivers right knee.  

I can't immediately see where the clip goes back.  Any experts with good memories out there?

16798266094904612736988104523583.jpg

Well I still have no idea but the dash is ack together and I have quite a few spare screws.  God only knows where they came from!  All seems to hold together. 

For future readers I spliced a relay in under and behind the climate controls, where the fag lighter wires start ascending.  I spliced into the switched live from the back of the radio and dropped that down eight inches or so to the relay.  I was going to solder the cables and heatshrink but (doh) the only iron I have here in the UK is 12v version powered from the very socket i had just cut the power from.  So instead used wago connectors everywhere. 

Pull the lid of your little cubby box fully open so it hangs down and have a look at the 'roof' of it to see if a spring clip is missing. I believe the item in your pic is one of the two spring clips which latches the lid closed.

SS854101.jpg

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, jpadie said:

unfortunately my driver's side cubby has no lid!  

The cubby on my one wouldn't stay closed, I've since removed it. Easier access to the OBD port anyway, which given the nature of my car, has definitely made my life easier... I can now find out quicker what's broken! :D

• Haha 2

The plastic tab on the cubby cracked on mine as I was accessing the OBD2 regularly to setup and run the Torque app. Currently has several folds of gorilla or "power-duck" tape performing the same function.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2