2015 Facelift Yeti ... DRL bulbs

Cornish_Lad

I wouldn't mind changing the current ( Warm White / Yellow ) Daytime Running Lamps in my 2015 Yeti to something brighter ( Cool White / 4000k or even Daylight White / 6000k ) ..

As they are an absolute sod to get to, does anyone know what bulb type they are. ?  I've googled but can't find any reference to them .. they're definitely a small replaceable bulb though ... part of the main headlamp cluster, situated just beneath the main headlamps themselves.

Also, once identified, and pointers towards a decent quality / non flickering replacement bulb would be great :)

Other option would be to replace both headlamp units with the more modern ones, still conventional main lamps, but they have an LED strip along the bottom of the headlamp unit.  Can these be retrofitted without any hassles (ie simple swap over ?)

Many Thanks

@Cornish_Lad I believe they are PW24W bulbs. Expensive and difficult to change.

They are available as LEDs but sorry I’ve not done it as they are a swine to get to and I wouldn’t like to get errors etc. Note the bulbs dim too when indicating if I recall correctly.

See this link on replacement part numbers etc.

Good luck, let us know how you get on if you try it!