Central Locking Issues

davidj241

Yesterday I was checking my car as usual after locking it and discovered that the rear doors had not locked and there is no way to lock them.

I contacted Škoda Assist who came out but were unable to help and have told me to take it into a dealer. Unfortunately they can’t look at it until the 18th which mens the car is unsecured until then.

Are there any known issues with the central, locking on 2022 Karoq?

Have a look at https://digital-manual.skoda-auto.com/w/en_GB/show/06c3fcdabf1e9b611bc02228cd8228c6_11_en_GB?ct=06c3fcdabf1e9b611bc02228cd8228c6_11_en_GB#titleID_bc015ffadd0d11e89392ac52ff469460  (the on line manual) which should help.  I think you'll find there are two similar looking slots on each door, the other being to manually activate the child safety lock for that door.

There were central locking issues, certain with some earlier Karoq models, but I think the problems were unintentional and random locking of all the doors without a key button being pressed/without the exterior door button being caressed.  Sometimes when the car was being driven and sometimes when stationary.

• 3 weeks later...

If your car has KESSY there are a number of actions that you can/sometimes should do.

If you lock the car with your thumb it can be opened by bad people and some electronics.

If you lock the car with your thumb and then within 5 secs thumb again it will turn off the  alarm and remove the deadlock.

If you lock the car with the key it can still be opened by bad people and electronics

If you use the key twice when locking it turns off the alarm and removes the deadlock as above. Useful if you are on a ferry to stop the alarm sounding erroneously.

Here's the good one: if you lock once with the key and then thumb it within five seconds it turns KESSY off so making bad person entry impossible. If you are quick you can do a double key and single thumb within the 5 second window.

They don't tell you about that in the handbook though!

11 hours ago, Woodentop19 said:

They don't tell you about that in the handbook though!

Can't speak for other years but that's all covered in the 2019 owners manual:  pages 22 - Keyless locking ( KESSY ) and 24 - Doors

Not aware of any recent central locking issues. I may be wrong but I was under the impression any problem related to cars pre:2020  i.e.  the time where you could accidentally lock your keys inside the car. I think it was around early 2020 Skoda upgraded the system so that it was no longer possible to do so. I think they may have updated KESSY at the same time so that after a few minutes of the key not moving, the key would enter sleep mode - i.e. those pad people with electronics could no longer access the signal.

Edited by kodiaqsportline

1 hour ago, kodiaqsportline said:

Can't speak for other years but that's all covered in the 2019 owners manual:  pages 22 - Keyless locking ( KESSY ) and 24 - Doors

Not aware of any recent central locking issues. I may be wrong but I was under the impression any problem related to cars pre:2020  i.e.  the time where you could accidentally lock your keys inside the car. I think it was around early 2020 Skoda upgraded the system so that it was no longer possible to do so. I think they may have updated KESSY at the same time so that after a few minutes of the key not moving, the key would enter sleep mode - i.e. those pad people with electronics could no longer access the signal.

Entering the VIN on the appropriate website page it tells me my MY22 car needs a November 21 handbook (they don't provide printed handbooks any more) which I guess is slightly different to yours. I admit it does explain the items I commented upon, but it is not (IMO) well written or on those page numbers.

AIUI once Kessy has been disabled the only way to unlock is with the fob button - it makes no difference if the key is asleep elsewhere or not, bad people are thwarted!

3 hours ago, Woodentop19 said:

AIUI once Kessy has been disabled the only way to unlock is with the fob button - it makes no difference if the key is asleep elsewhere or not, bad people are thwarted!

I wouldn't get too relaxed - bad people will just hit you over the head with a brick and take your keys. Assuming of course they want to take the car away as stripping it onsite seems to be the new normal.

Car stripping in public car park.