Is a Price Raise Imminent?

nick348

I spent a couple of hours at a local main dealer crunching numbers with a view to buy the Karoq or possibly an Octavia Estate and the dealer mentioned that he believed a further price raise was very likely in the near future. 

What's the news on the street or is this dealer BS?

Show me someone in sales who doesn't BS. 🤣

I received a mailshot from my local dealer on 10/3/23  which said Order New Car by March 31st to beat the April price increase. I thought Skoda raised prices on 4th April so it'd be very unusual for them to rise again so soon.

If that had been said to me, my response would be "that means the price of my used car will increase too so makes no difference".

Sales folk, you've got to love them.

Edited by kodiaqsportline

Prices went up 4th April, and finance offers were changed on same date

Skoda tend to only change prices and offers on quarterly basis, and normally the prices stay same for a year.

Unfortunately Skoda UK prices are now lot more than buying same car in Poland or Germany. Seem to be treating UK consumers as gullible, so if don't approve of it, vote with your feet and go elsewhere 

Edited by SurreyJohn

On 15/04/2023 at 21:21, Karock said:

For those thinking of changing their car and considering PCP this may prove worth watching:

Food for thought for anyone who's confused about buying a car. But as always, even the accountant makes no mention of the elephant in the room because she too isn't aware how PCP works. My guess is she's looked at the advertising or been told that's how it works.

Not only do you have the option of buying the car outright at the end of the contract, you also can buy it outright at anytime during the contact.

So, in the days following you signing the contact, it's the price of the car less the PCP contribution + any freebies such as servcing thrown in and you won't pay a penny in interest. It renders the option of buying a car outright from the dealer more or less obsolete.