Error codes: P025D - Fuel Pump Module Control Circuit High and P0087 - Fuel Rail/System Pressure Too Low on a MK3 Octy

Hi all,

My Octy decided to die this evening whilst I was driving (rather inconveniently as I was leaving a dual carriageway). Had the car recovered and found that two codes (P025D - Fuel Pump Module Control Circuit High and P0087 - Fuel Rail/System Pressure Too Low) were present.

Symptoms were the car wouldn't restart when it died (or would, but would then die within a few seconds), glow plug light was flashing and the car shook vigorously when trying to start.

Interestingly, when the car was left for about an hour, it did start but the EML was illuminated.

After a while of leaving the car again and trying to start it, the EML disappeared and since then the car starts and seems to run as normal (although I darent drive it - only drove it off the recovery truck onto my driveway)

What would cause this issue? I'm going to try and get the car to a mechanic on Monday but just wanted some information prior to this.

Car is a MK3 Octy, 1.6 TDI (2016) with around 110k miles on the clock.

Cheers.

Sounds like an intermittent problem, possibly heat related, with the fuel pump control module (or wiring to it) caused the fuel pump not to run making the low fuel pressure a sympathy fault.

• 4 weeks later...

Had it diagnosed, control module has failed. Both pump and module are being swapped out so now it's just a waiting game.

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Pjskoda132 said:

Did you fixed this problem have 2013 skoda octavia 1.6tdi

Yeah, had the fuel pump and control module replaced. Cost around £900 in total and the car has been right ever since.

From what I recall, it was the control module which had failed but as the car had done over 100k miles and the tank had already been dropped, it made sense to have a new fuel pump fitted at the same time.

Ya Im getting electrical malfunction circuit.. Module only 2min job to change ya was thinking will I change fuel pump but I must check first wiring.. Because when I move wires car starts