Does Octavia SE L recognise speed limit signs?

I know you need to spec Travel Assist for full road sign recognition, but without that does the car still recognise and display speed limits?

Edited by Niche Market

• Niche Market changed the title to Does Octavia SE L recognise speed limit signs?

The short answer is ‘No’ but it is possible to activate the current speed limit sign in the MMI screen and get a speed limit audible warning with some coding using an OBDeleven

6 hours ago, mitchec said:

The short answer is ‘No’ but it is possible to activate the current speed limit sign in the MMI screen and get a speed limit audible warning with some coding using an OBDeleven

OK thanks

Not sure about your car equipment but I have Elegance equipment with Bolero and ACC. I bought traffic sign recognition for 75 Euros at the Škoda store. Everything works. Cannot say that it is always useful, because sometimes it reads the signs incorrectly.

12 hours ago, kasparsc said:

Cannot say that it is always useful, because sometimes it reads the signs incorrectly.

To be fair my BMW does that, I think sometimes it will read a speed limit on a side road, not the road you're actually on. So you'll be driving on a main road at a 60 limit, you pass a turn that is a 40 limit, and it will display the 40, not keep to the 60.

So, I've looked at OBDEleven and I think based on that I will pass on the Travel Assist, I think the other options in he package might be a bit annoying. I've used Bimmercode before so shouldn't be too difficult, but I've got a Saphe Mini anyway so may be won't bother.

In the UK If your car has a manufacture date post Jun 2022 then 'Traffic Sign Recognition' is available as a function on demand through via you MMI screen, though I have no idea how much it costs.

4 hours ago, mitchec said:

In the UK If your car has a manufacture date post Jun 2022 then 'Traffic Sign Recognition' is available as a function on demand through via you MMI screen, though I have no idea how much it costs.

£63 Inc vat