6 Tailpipes?!?! SIX?!?!?!

MrkyMrk

Saw a *very* tarted up Nova yesterday. HUUUUGE and expensive looking alloys, low all mod-cons. Not my cuppa but obviously a lot of work had gone into it. Then it drove past and I saw tha back end. SIX oval tailpipes poking out the back. If nothing else it worked on a comedic level...

Reminds me of the lad that turned up to an RSC rolling road day in a 1.2 clio with 4 x 4inch tailpipes at the back... :D

Must admit to having an over sized tailpipe on my 19 16v but i do put it to good use... its a haven for small wild animals to hide out in and a must for any cold hedgehog at this time of year, not sure how they get on when the engines running though

Nearest I got to a 19 16v was when I sat in one at a showroom that had the full leather treatment. It was all (double entendres ahoy!) soft and supple rather than the hard and tight stuff in the vRS. I was running a 5 Turbo at the time and fell in love with the 19 at that point. Couldn't afford it, tho...

ALL Noise and no go... Boy wasters in there 1.2l Nova's !!! With the stupid dazzling blue lights... and the old guy on his moped out dragging them from the lights!!

I don't understand the 'Max Power' logic.... they must pay thousands on moding a car, and insuring it... Why not spend the money on a better quicker

car and it would prob cost less to insure anyway...

BAA HUMBUG!!!

Dazz

p.s. can't you tell I hate Novas !!!

I don't understand the 'Max Power' logic.... they must pay thousands on moding a car, and insuring it... Why not spend the money on a better quicker car and it would prob cost less to insure anyway...

No - generally speaking performance mods will push insurance up far more than aesthetic changes. And a quick standard car will still cost a fortune to insure, and won't be styled to the individual's taste either.

Not everyone buys a car to go fast in...

Rob.

my 19's got the full leather and leccies etc etc

i had it second hand from KPMG it was a managers car and i guess he ticked all the boxes on the options list. its been a fantastic car really, i've done 144K miles in it now an it still goes well. Dont know of a car from its time an class that would match it to be honest, performance and spec.

i did entertain the idea of spending a few grand on it to sort the body work (few tiny rust spots and dents on the rear quarters) but it wouldnt make the car any more valuable at the end of the day so its time for a change, i'll thank Paul (Monkeyboy) for showing me the delights of the Octavia RS.

Being "into" modified cars (the 19's subtle though) i can see the appeal of the "boy racers" and their cars but like most am sick to the back teeth of the Saxo and Nova big bore brigade i seem to come across at every set of traffic lights, give me a quick car thats sporty in looks but not over the top any day.

I can understand why they buy the small engined cars and go for big body kits and loud exhausts though, most insurance companines that cater for modified cars will not put massive increases on the premiums for body kits alone, performance mods that increase speed are where the increases come in.