High Beam Assist/Auto LIght Assist

I’m sure you could look at the Skoda website yourself… but they all have LED matrix headlights as standard these days except for the base SE trim.

I am, of course, assuming you are in the UK. If not, no idea about any other market, but I’d guess it’s a similar situation.

I ordered it as an option.

Pretty good thing, if you live in the desert somewhere in Africa.

Anywhere else it tends to fail.

Too much halogen guys get dazzled. Too many truck drivers in hilly conditions also.

2 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

I’m sure you could look at the Skoda website yourself… but they all have LED matrix headlights as standard these days except for the base SE trim.

I am, of course, assuming you are in the UK. If not, no idea about any other market, but I’d guess it’s a similar situation.

I am in the UK and I tried looking at the website but it didn't seem that clear as none of the trims mention it.  I will be picking my SE Drive up in the next couple of weeks and wanted to check.  It doesn't have the Matrix lights just normal LED, but so did my Octavia Mk 3 Facelift SE L from 2017 which did have High Beam Assist.

7 hours ago, ceepan said:

it didn't seem that clear as none of the trims mention it

The matrix lights have it by definition, so it won’t get called out as a separate thing with them.

Interestingly, the brochure I have from July 2021 (the first facelift brochure) states that the ‘SE’ has Light Assist. But when you look on the website now, there’s no mention of it on the ‘SE Drive’. I’d assume it’s probably another chip shortage casualty - a lot of standard kit and options across the range has disappeared since that first brochure.

19 minutes ago, Yogi-Bear said:

The matrix lights have it by definition, so it won’t get called out as a separate thing with them.

Interestingly, the brochure I have from July 2021 (the first facelift brochure) states that the ‘SE’ has Light Assist. But when you look on the website now, there’s no mention of it on the ‘SE Drive’. I’d assume it’s probably another chip shortage casualty - a lot of standard kit and options across the range has disappeared since that first brochure.

It would appear that the SE Drive doesn't have it which is slightly disappointing but probably not something I would use that often.  I'm not sure that it can be blamed on the chip shortage given that it is present on the Superb SE which only has standard LED headlights as well.