Switching xenons to LHD

JUT

Bit last-minute I know, but off to Le Mans tomorrow night and just been told that beam benders don't work with xenons and you have to adjust the lamps themselves! :eek:

Is this a VAG-COM job or is there a switch or something?

There is a metal lever inside the headlight housing, at the sides (and running through) the main reflector, just move it too it's other position and hey presto - no blinding the french!

Do you need any tools to do this or is it a 5 min job I could do once I'm in the chunnel?

on my O/S headlamp i can see a wire loop type of thing at the bottom and central of the lamp unit , is this the lever you are on about ?, i can't see one on the N/S though thats why i ask , or is the lever inside the headlamp itself ? i've emailed Skoda customer helpline but they weren't that convincing with their knowledge , has anybody got photos of the lever please , there is no mention in the handbook with regard to the xenon headlamp adjustment

I wouldn't recommend doing it in the chunnel unless you have done it before, if you take the bulb out and look in the hole, you will see there is a piece of metal blanking half the projector lense, the levers are connected to this but are on the outside of the reflector, it should be fairly obvious once inside.

Incidentaly they dont change the lights from RHD to LHD, they just blank off the raised portion of the beam that would normally be present on a RHD vehicle making them suitable for use on both sides of the road.