MPG Remap

35 minutes ago, CY67 said:

Same. I’ve had my Fabia up to an unofficial 120 mph and not had any problems with temperatures. It still had more to give but had to slow down due to traffic in the far distance.

I'm reminded of this day in Death Valley in 2019.  It was in the 40's deg C in Stovepipe Wells when I took pics of what I'm pretty sure was an Enyaq testing at the upper end of the hot climate range.  

If Škoda and many other manufacturers are capable of producing vehicles which cope in those kinds of temperatures, then there should be enough headroom to function in the high teens and twenties with some level of obstruction on the grills.

IMG_3698.JPG

Edited by Schtum
  • Like 1

No question about it, in soon to be 20 years of driving skoda diesels the cooling fans have never been commanded other than for the aircon.

But you are kidding yourself that the engine and oil warm up quicker than they already do in any measurable or observable manner.

• 2 weeks later...

Just come back from Scotland now and got AVG 66.91 MPG fully loaded again over 521.9 miles (35.41 litres). 

Averaged 61.5 MPG (at the pump) over the 2166.9 miles I drove on my holiday. 

Best I got to a tank in the highlands was AVG 59.26 MPG over 534.4 miles (40.94 litres). For the other 2 fill ups I did, it didn’t drop below AVG 55 MPG to a tank even with some overtakes/fun.