door loom.confusion

Andyz

Hey guys. .

got an 06 fabia estate 6y5 model type and having issues with the front right door harness with broken wires. I've seen repair kits around which show a single inline plug for 99my onwards whereas mine has multiple smaller plugs...do you know if there are any kits available as the wItes have broken really close to the plugs

thx  

The single plugs are mk2 Fabia ones, ebay sellers overgeneralising as usual. 

The part numbers of the door loom plugs are as follows not sure if any kits available as they're much less breakage prone than the mk2 version and similar arrangements on other models:

6Q0 972 704    4-pin black

6Q0 972 706    6-pin blue

6Q0 972 706A    6-pin brown

6Q0 972 706B    6-pin white

All available to buy from dealers, but will come without the crimp inserts or wires. May be better off de-pinning your originals, and soldering new short wires to the crimped area, then joining  (I would solder and heatshrink sleeve) to existing loom beyond current breakages.  Repair wires are available to suit, but there's three different sizes, most of them are covered by 000 979 009E (all except the black 4-way connector). 

How many wires are actually busted? What problems are you experiencing?

By the way, it's really easy to completely remove the door, massively improving access, obviously. Once loom plugs are out, you just undo the check-strap M8(?) XZN, and two 13mm fasteners in the hinges and it just lifts off. Assistance suggested to take weight while removing and refitting.

Ah thanks... have 1 wire totally broken...one very close and 4 with bust insulation. Biggest issue is electric windows just packed up. 

Have an occasional cen. locking issue

where the doors seem to get out of sync.

Which wire is busted completely (colour of wire and connector colour, please), and which one very nearly?

In my experience, the ones with insulation cracked won't be a problem unless the rubber boot isn't sealing well to the bodywork, and moisture is getting into the area. Does the revealed copper still look shiny and coppery? If so just cover with insulating tape, or preferably self-amalgamating tape.

Sounds like 1 repair wire might be all that's needed, they are double ended yellow wires with a crimp insert at each end, part number in previous post. I may have one too.

000979009E Repair Wire Brand New | eBay

Edited by Breezy_Pete

The total broken is one of the really skinny ones possibly black with blue tracer... the other skinny one is not great.....looks like it's been rubbing on something

Thx for the info

Black/blue might be the one affecting windows, does it go into the blue connector, pin 2?

If that is the problem, you may find that starting with car locked if you hold the key turned clockwise in the drivers door, as if to unlock without the remote fob button, the C/L should unlock everything and both front windows should start to descend, for as long as you hold the key fully clockwise.

The connectors are relatively easy to de-pin I think, there's a bit that slides off sideways once you've defeated the latch. Can't remember just now which of the arrowed tabs is the one (must be pink arrow, other one is the main connector latch I guess?):

1964504065_Screenshot2023-06-0617_17_05.png.601579363875e8db80c04e44eecb742a.png

Once that's off, you have access to push the little ramp feature on the crimp insert to de-latch it for removal out in the direction of the wire.

Edited by Breezy_Pete