Has anyone found a decent source for a replacement door loom?

Ive been lurking here for a while, and seen plenty of posts about intermittent window/locking/door issues. I've got a fabia mk2 1.4tdi, and I'm suffering from some random central locking and drivers windows issues. I've got the dreaded wiring loom issues between the A pillar and the door. Soldering seems a bit painful, considering the amount of wires I'll need to do. Has anyone found a decent source for the loom with connectors? I could go to skoda... I haven't priced them and assume they'll be expensive. There's loads of universal vw kits on ebay, but they've only got the door connection, and I'd rather go "plug and play" if I can. From what I've seen, door card off, de-rivet speaker, then it should be easy. Easyish anyway. 

Screenshot_20230610_033612_eBay.jpg

When I did both my front door wiring looms on my fab MK2 I got new ones from my dealer £190 with VAT for both O/S & N/S looms not to bad really.

There was some wiring looms kit's in eBay but they looked a bit cheap to me 

• Thanks 1

I doubt you'll get a full loom anywhere except Skoda/ TPS. There are several variants so aftermarket suppliers are unlikely to be interested. PM me your VIN and I can tell you part number and Skoda retail price, if you like.

One thing you may not be aware of unless you've seen me mention it, is that it's very easy to completely remove the door from the car, massively improving access for a repair using connector repair kits as pictured.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Breezy_Pete said:

I doubt you'll get a full loom anywhere except Skoda/ TPS. There are several variants so aftermarket suppliers are unlikely to be interested. PM me your VIN and I can tell you part number and Skoda retail price, if you like.

One thing you may not be aware of unless you've seen me mention it, is that it's very easy to completely remove the door from the car, massively improving access for a repair using connector repair kits as pictured.

I might end removing the door anyway, the drivers window has come off its rail once or twice, and needed a bit of manual reseating to make it sit properly.  I bought the car from the original owner, and he had the ( brand new) mechanism in a box. Waste not want not 😁.  

Im not sure how much easier it'll be with the door off though. I don't want to bother with soldering right where the cable flexes, so assuming I can unplug the multiple connectors after stripping the door, I'll just take the loom out complete, solder mid wire somewhere for the joins. I might even waco plug, and use a bit of hot glue to mount the blocks I need. Should be a bit easier.