be merciful - newbie alloy Q

I've just bought myself a used (2003) Fabia 1.9 tdi comfort. I couldn't be happier with it, its everything I want in a car.

I would like to replace the boring looking steel wheels with a lovely set of alloys though (preferably Skoda ones). The problem is I know nothing of this sort of thing. I'd like 16inch alloys so it doesn't become too uncomfortable, but I don't know what size tyre to choose. Do I need to make sure the rolling radius is the same? can wider/narrower tyre fit on the same rim and if so, what is the advantage of each?

I suppose the best thing would be - is there a website where I can find out all about this sort of thing?

Thanks in advance

You could try and get hold of a set from a dealer for example if someone is upgrading.

I have the band 15" and they are nice - though could fill the wheel arch a bit more!!

VRS 16" could also be an option - ebay perhaps?

aye, try fleabay for plenty of choice of all the VAG range of alloys, Have seen a few sets of 16" Fabia vRS alloys in the for sale section fairly cheap as people have upgraded to 17"s!

if you fancy the vRS look, try for a set of Octy 16" vRS Alloys, they are less chunky than the Fabia ones (Smaller centres) and look loads better IMO!