New Fabia SE L dilemma

Hello guys, our local dealership has offered us a brand new Fabia SE L 110 DSG (hasn't been built yet, added wireless smart link, metallic paint and rear disc brakes) for £18500. We tried to add power folding wing mirrors and back seat arm rest only to be told that this is not available for the UK market and can't be done? 

We are a bit shocked to be honest, as UK Skoda charge roughly £2k more for the same spec models in comparison with the other EU markets and you can't even get basic little things like them 2  mentioned above? I don't think we are being treated fairly here in the UK 🤣 

The dealership also added the alloy and tyre insurance and a 3 year service plan for free + £500 deposit contribution. Do you think we got a good deal or should I go to VW and Seat to see what they can do? Don't really want to spend more than £19k on a car.

Thank you for all your opinions 👍🙂

Patrick

Sounds good.

Surely there are no Mk4,s that come to the UK with rear drums and discs are an option. 

They must be desperate to get ones into the UK and first registered. 

EDIT.

Sorry, £100.   Rear discs.

Well back to the future.     

(On EV,s were the disc brakes rust badly drums are simply clever, on Fabias drums a PITA when it comes to servicing.)

Screenshot 2023-06-25 20.07.47.png

Edited by toot

You are correct that it seems a bum price compared to Europe, in Germany Fabia range starts at €15,350 (£13,165) for easy spec (basic entry spec)

But to get a spec that is similar to SEL with DSG gearbox then your deal looks quite good to me.

Not quite sure what you get with alloy and tyre insurance, but if excludes kerb and pothole damage then not much more than virtually worthless marketing gimmick, I would try and get it swapped to the 5 year factory warranty.

• Like 1