P0671 Cylinder 1 glow plug circuit

I used a obd2 scanner after my engine light came on (solid amber).

It came up with the code P0671 Cylinder 1 glow plug circuit. I cleared the entry but it came back almost straight away.

I went to my usual VAG garage who said it's likely to be the glow plug which would cost £105 to replace, but to be sure I would have to pay £70 to have it diagnosed.

I don't want to pay £70 just to find out it needs a new glow plug, however I don't want to pay £105 to replace the glow plug only to find that wasn't the issue and have to pay another £70 just to find out what the problem is.

How likely is it to be the glow plug?

Many thanks

• Confused 1

Thanks for the response!

I don't know as it hasn't been cold lately. I have however managed to answer my own question since posting. With the help of YouTube I have done a continuity test on all 4 glow plugs, cylinder 1 glow plug is definitely faulty, the others are fine.

• Like 2