Swing to Columbus?

Krisiacik

Hi all, 

I've got a Skoda Rapid Se L Tdi manufactured in 2016. It has a Swing infotainment system (I think ..pls. see attached photo). The car is great, except the missing built in navigation system.

I want to upgrade the infotainment system to: 
largest possible color screen (idealy with capacitive touch)
- keep all the existing features accessed via the Swing screen intact
- wireless iOS CarPlay connection
- back camera nice, but not essential

I do not want
- physical media playback (DVD or whatver old stuff)
media unit retrofitted
- built -in maps updated via some SD cards

What are my options?
Do I have to have the media unit retrofitted in order to satisfy my requirements? Ir is a viable option to have the asian RCD330+? It's front with the chrome edge and knobs looks a bit dated tbh.
Or do I have no choice but to go for the top solution - the Columbus?

IMG_3192.jpg

PastedGraphic-1.jpg

I forgot to add - I am quite confused by this weird item (should I call it FakeColumbusTM?) showing up all over the internet.
It is kind of similar visually to the RCD300 - a really old design language with cheap chrome embelishment.
And also CD player? I don't want/ need a CD player 🤷‍♂️.   

image.thumb.jpeg.60add26dc2cbd3d61b5f65528b6f6aed.jpeg

I did the same upgrade to mine - see HERE for a guide. Although it sounds like you should go aftermarket based on your requirements. The main steps should still apply regardless of which one you go for. 

Also FYI you have posted in the "Rapid Projects" section, you would have got more replies by posting in the main discussion thread HERE

• 7 months later...
On 14/07/2023 at 13:17, DunDunFather said:

I did the same upgrade to mine - see HERE for a guide. Although it sounds like you should go aftermarket based on your requirements. The main steps should still apply regardless of which one you go for. 

Also FYI you have posted in the "Rapid Projects" section, you would have got more replies by posting in the main discussion thread HERE

nice work but the unit have is for pq25 and op have pq26 which is diffrent platform and the units can be fitted with conversion cable.