Felicia headlights - how are they wired?

Hiya chaps

To preface, UK models have both the headlight and sidelight switch next to each other in the center

I can turn the slidelights on and both sides work, highbeams only work from the right light when pulling the stalk forward, when you release it it doesn't stay on, neither when its pushed all the way back (not really a huge problem)

The normal lights aren't working at all, I replaced the bulbs since I had some already, didn't change anything. Checked the fuses and all was fine, fuses aren't the transparent style so replacing them to make visual inspection easer.

I probed the headlight switch and all connections other than ground have 12v, how is this? The physical switch was broken (backlight didn't come on, fell apart after unplugging it), but I'm not clear on what the circuit looks like.

Maybe also related my fan doesn't work either which was discussed in this.

All other lights work ok.

Anyone got current flow diagrams or any ideas? None of the fuseboard diagrams are really clear about each relays function.

The headlights are operated by the R1 relay. High/low beam is switched directly in the stalk lever.

However, if you have also issues with the fan (I assume you mean ventilation), it might be caused by  the relieving relay (X/R7) or burned out fusebox (check for dampness under the dashboard)

• Like 1

Oh there's 100% moisture under the dashboard at some point, given the hole near the battery box leading into the passenger footwell! :) (Fuseboard looks ok though, so maybe it's been replaced)

The fan I'm talking about is the radiator one, human fans work fine.

I'll check the relays, thanks :)

8 hours ago, adamyt said:

The fan I'm talking about is the radiator one, human fans work fine

In that case, I'm not sure if it's connected through the R7 relay or directly to the battery. Have you tried to short the temperature switch connector to see if it's not a faulty switch?

1 hour ago, Papez said:

In that case, I'm not sure if it's connected through the R7 relay or directly to the battery. Have you tried to short the temperature switch connector to see if it's not a faulty switch?

Not yet, it's got some bodge wires so a bit curious, I was going to scavenge the switch from pickup #1 but didn't have a big enough spanner lol. Going to bodge it until I can get a new switch. (once confirmed)

18 hours ago, Papez said:

The headlights are operated by the R1 relay. High/low beam is switched directly in the stalk lever.

However, if you have also issues with the fan (I assume you mean ventilation), it might be caused by  the relieving relay (X/R7) or burned out fusebox (check for dampness under the dashboard)

Replaced entire fuseboard from pickup #1, lights are now working so deffo sad relays. Need to swap over indicator relay since this salvaged one doesn't work.

If anyone has current flow diagrams chilling I'd be thankful for a copy :)

Edited by adamyt
no throwing parts

14 minutes ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

143 (2)_page-0001.jpg

Any idea where fig. 11 "Stage two cooling fan relay" is? I'm getting 12v on the switch, bridge over, nothing, power fan directly and it spins, checked the 40A fuse before and all was ok. Only bit in the diagram left now.

I know there's relays near the ""ECU"" but I believe they're for the glowplugs?

14 hours ago, adamyt said:

I have 2 relays beneath the strut bar in the left side of the suspension (have a black plastic cover) related with the fan but @Papez have mentioned are for the work with a/c.

Your radiator fan switch is OK?

16 hours ago, adamyt said:

I didn't realize you have a diesel - yes, one of the relays and fuse is for the 2nd speed of the fan, but I don't know which one

Is is from @Thefeliciahacker 1.3 Felicia, maybe does your 1.9 has the same?

IMG_20221230_152155.jpg

I have found also this for 1.9

it's the number 11 with code 357 911 253 A

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114711864232

https://alvadi.ee/en/spare-parts/skoda/felicia-pickup-6u-1994/relay-radiator-fan-castor/170395-skoda-felicia-i-6u1-1-9-d-47kw-diesel-hatchback-1995-1998-diesel

292389.gif

10 minutes ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Is is from @Thefeliciahacker 1.3 Felicia, maybe does your 1.9 has the same?

IMG_20221230_152155.jpg

Yeah similar, just a "ECU" next to it and different fuse positions. Thanks for the P/N will go out and check shortly.

1 hour ago, Papez said:

I didn't realize you have a diesel - yes, one of the relays and fuse is for the 2nd speed of the fan, but I don't know which one

Glorious diesel 💪💪 too bad it's vw.

3 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

I have 2 relays beneath the strut bar in the left side of the suspension (have a black plastic cover) related with the fan but @Papez have mentioned are for the work with a/c.

Your radiator fan switch is OK?

Didn't test the switch because the wiring post switch is no good, just jumped between on the connector and no chooch, 12v feed coming in so something downstream is sad.