Squealing Screaming Noise From Rear of Car

I have a bit of an odd issue with my 2010 4x4 Estate, which I assume are the rear brakes.

I few months ago the rear discs, pads and calipers were changed as the discs and pads were worn and the calipers were seized.  During the past week, after about 20 minutes of driving and after turning left there is a squealing/screaming noise coming from the rear. Just before it starts squealing, it judders as if it's about to stall.

I have stripped the rear brakes completely, cleaned and greased the whole lot and put it back together and it's still doing it. The rear calipers were aftermarket ones but I can't see how that would make a difference, unless they're the wrong ones.

The only other thing I can think of a potential problem with the haldex system but there are no stored codes.

Anyone had this issue or have any ideas as to what it could potentially be?

Did you by any chance have the Haldex oil changed at the same time? 💡

What you describe sounds like the planet wheels breaking up.

That would be more while turning left (or right) and should silence once in a straight line.

Also check that one of the disc backplates has not fractured around the fixing indents.

Edited by J.R.

Nope, Haldex oil wasn't changed. It isn't due until October when it will be changed.

The back plates are fine too. 

After doing some digging, I'm thinking that the wheel bearing maybe on it's way out 

I doubt that given your description of "it judders as if it's about to stall"

Are you talking about a deceleration like a braking force?