Going from repair kit to a spare wheel. Octavia Mk 3

simsim

Hello Folks,

I have a 2013 Octavia Mk 3 1.2 Tsi S.

It came with a repair kit and no spare wheel.

I'm looking to get a spare wheel and I have seen there is a foam piece that is needed.

Does anyone have a picture of that foam piece in their car with the spare wheel? I'm trying to figure out how it all goes together. And in an effort to save money I wonder if that foam piece is actually needed or not.

Attached is what my boot currently looks like underneath the carpet.

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-26 at 23.09.55.jpg

You should be able to order the correct spare wheel kit that includes everything you need except the actual spare wheel, eg. foam, jack, etc. Just give the VAG parts department the OEM part number which is 5E0093860E

The dealer should be able to confirm that this OEM part number is correct.

For the spare wheel, you could purchase either a 6Jx15 ET43 5/112 57.1 steel rim or a 6.5Jx16 ET46 5/112 57.1 steel rim, with either a 195/65R15 or 205/55R16 tyre. If you're currently on 15" wheels, then a 15" spare wheel makes sense. If you're on 16" or larger wheels, then a 16" spare wheel makes sense. However, you could use a 15" spare wheel with 16" or larger wheels. When fitting a spare wheel that is smaller than the wheels on the car, just treat it like a space saver spare wheel and don't exceed 50mph.

One advantage to using a 15" spare wheel instead of a 16" spare wheel, is that it weighs a little less.

Foam and jack spare wheel kit 5E0093860E

Sada pro rezervní kolo

https://eshop.skoda-auto.cz/sady-pro-vymenu-kol/c/setsToChangeWheels?q=%3ApriceAsc%3AcarType%3AOctavia%2BIII%2B%282017%2B%29&text=#

Alcar 7755 6Jx15 ET43 5/112 57.1 steel rim (from Octavia MK3)

ALCAR 7755

https://www.mytyres.co.uk/rims/details?vehicleId=502374009556452464&rimCode=ALCAR7755

Alcar 8667 6.5Jx16 ET46 5/112 57.1 steel rim (from Octavia MK3)

ALCAR 8667

https://www.mytyres.co.uk/rims/details?vehicleId=502374009556452464&rimCode=ALCAR8667

Edited by Carlston
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info. I will probably get the 16 in steel wheels.

I was wondering how the foam piece and the spare wheel all fit into the space under the floor of my boot. 

I guess I need to remove the current foam. 

1 hour ago, simsim said:

Thanks for the info. I will probably get the 16 in steel wheels.

I was wondering how the foam piece and the spare wheel all fit into the space under the floor of my boot. 

I guess I need to remove the current foam. 

Yes, the new foam is round, and fits over the centre of the wheel, it has various slots for the jack, wheel brace, tow hook, wheel nut cover tweezers and centre cap puller.

There is also a bolt with thumbwheel that stops the spare sliding around, can't remember if this comes with polystyrene and toolkit.  I suspect the hole for it is under your rectangular tray. 
EDIT just seen it is in the photo @Carlston did in post2

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Like 1