Key battery warning light flashing

Sometimes I see the red light flashing rapidly on my key for several seconds. Battery recently changed and no message saying battery is low.

I can’f find any explanation in the manual. What does this rapid flashing means please?

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, move away and/or put the key down for a while and it will stop.

I can't remember where I read it, but apparently the newest version of the KESSY system has two mechanisms to defeat replay attacks. The first is "time of flight" detection, i.e. how long does it take the signal to get from the car to the key and back - replay kit exceeds that limit as it has to detect and retransmit the comms in both directions, and that takes an increased amount of time. The other is the key has a motion sensor in it, if it's stationary then the car won't open, even if it gets a signal from the key.

Edited by vrsalan