Energy Saving Trust (Scotland) loan

Ovv

22 hours ago, Ovv said:

Goodness knows what is going on with EST. Apparently there is a massive backlog, 15 working days to process completed applications. Very frustrating.

pffft they took 3 months to process mine in 2020

• Like 1

I'm not impressed with it but I'm hopeful that it won't be that long. Not entirely sure how/what the problem is, I wondered if there was some sort of deadline for some other type of grant/funding. 

Dealer was on the phone with me today and I had to explain the situation with them, they were ok with it but also sounded displeased at the same time. I'm hoping that it doesn't drag on too long as I was able to obtain a significant discount on the Enyaq and a good trade in price for my current car, longer it goes on, the higher the risk of possibly losing the deal. 

• 2 weeks later...

Still awaiting any sort of information back from EST. Unable to contact them via phone and actually speak to anyone who understands the process, keep ending up in a call centre. Reply via email is also non existent. Dealer is asking for payment and it's becoming a tad stressful.

• Like 1

A FOI request regarding the Energy Saving Trust is probably in order to find out how much each grant application costs as far as their administration or mis-management.

& How many have applicants have to cancel applications because they can not complete the deal because of the time scale. 

Public money being spent here.

Screenshot 2023-09-08 19.32.15.png

Screenshot 2023-09-08 19.36.34.png

Edited by toot

That makes for painful reading. So I eventually spoke to someone today, presumably the call centre as they needed to call someone else to discuss before they could answer me further. 

The lady I spoke to was very apologetic and helpful however I felt like my concerns weren't really addressed. I did however find out that my application is on day 11 so was told that it would most likely be next week but then of course there is no guarantee of that plus the additional 3-5 working days for the funds to arrive. I suspect that the dealer will be fed up by that point and trying to renegotiate the deal. 

• Like 1

Fingers crossed I will have the funds next week having just received a call from EST to finalize the funding, good job as well as the dealer was on the phone sound chasing me today.  Cross your fingers and toes for me please.😁

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So fingers crossed, my Enyaq will be delivered to me tomorrow morning.  I haven't arranged a charger to be installed at home yet, purely because I felt it was touch and go in regards to whether the deal with the dealership was going to go ahead due to the time delays with EST.  So, I guess my next questions will be related to charger installation, whether to fund this myself or endure the EST delays again so I can take advantage of the grant schemes.

Worth starting a new thread or can anyone offer some opinions/recommendations on what I should be looking at getting installed charger wise?

Anyways, here's a wee pic, as if you've never seen an Enyaq before. :) Quite a good spec, with the exception of having no convenience pack, which I initially wanted however given the industry I work in I decided I didn't want keyless entry.

I'm sure I will have a heap more questions once it arrives and I've had a play around with it. 

e01.jpg

• Like 1