Mirrorlink Android Auto Carplay

Hi all after some help/advise my son as just got himself a 2015 Fabia and we have been trying to set up Android Auto with is phone can only find mirror link which does not work cant find Android Auto in the menu 

Please see pic of head unit version 

image.thumb.jpeg.b984ac0b7facfa905ac417ea34e15ba4.jpeg

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

John 

I do have android auto, but only with cable. I want to get it wireless. I thought updating the system might do the trick. But in order to get wireless android auto, I need to retrofit the infotainment unit with a patched one? That means replacing the entire system? 

Ah I hoped to achieve this through software update and not spend money for it, but I suppose I am limited with the hardware I got.

Thanks for taking your time to look into to this.

• 2 weeks later...

I also have a 2015 fabia tried the mirror link with my iPhone 14 pro max not even recognising it but will recognise the usb connection for music through the unit. I went to Skoda dealer yesterday they said could possibly need an update of the head unit but wanted £100, basically just not interested, I found a head unit out of a 2017 fabia wondered whether that might have car play on it

10 minutes ago, ChunkyD214 said:

I also have a 2015 fabia tried the mirror link with my iPhone 14 pro max not even recognising it but will recognise the usb connection for music through the unit. I went to Skoda dealer yesterday they said could possibly need an update of the head unit but wanted £100, basically just not interested, I found a head unit out of a 2017 fabia wondered whether that might have car play on it

Let us know how you get on 

• 5 weeks later...

i have Fabia Combi 2019 model...with wired Android auto.

The Head unit has built in Bluetooth which connects with my phone. My phone is physically wired to the headunit via USB as well.

With the above setup, Android auto works well. 

To convert the above setup to Wirless AA, I bought a Wireless AA adaptor on Aliexpress ...https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005797338636.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.21ef79d2UoDvJv&gatewayAdapt=glo2nld

I have now wired the adaptor instead of phone.

This adpator connects with my phone on bluetooth along with bluetooth of my Headunit, but Android Auto doesn't work on the headunit.

Has anyone faced this issue. Seek guidance

• 1 month later...
On 07/08/2023 at 08:49, pab567 said:

Because this unit (simplified Bolero part number 5Q0035820) support ONLY MirrorLink. To get Android Auto you MUST have the infotainment unit (SD card reader) retrofitted with a patched one. If you are interested pls contact me on PM.

Can you please elaborate on this? I also have a unit with only mirrorlink and would like to have Android Auto. Do i need to replace the whole unit with a new one? Or only the SD card reader thing?

On 18/09/2023 at 12:03, SandeepShenoy said:

i have Fabia Combi 2019 model...with wired Android auto.

The Head unit has built in Bluetooth which connects with my phone. My phone is physically wired to the headunit via USB as well.

With the above setup, Android auto works well. 

To convert the above setup to Wirless AA, I bought a Wireless AA adaptor on Aliexpress ...https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005797338636.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.21ef79d2UoDvJv&gatewayAdapt=glo2nld

I have now wired the adaptor instead of phone.

This adpator connects with my phone on bluetooth along with bluetooth of my Headunit, but Android Auto doesn't work on the headunit.

Has anyone faced this issue. Seek guidance

This seems to be one of the cheap adapters that connect to the car via CarPlay and then emulate Android Auto for wireless connection so first check if you have CarPlay supported as well. Additionally, your phone must be capable of WiFi 5GHz band.

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, pab567 said:

It's located next to the glove box, behind the display, to see it you have to remove the glove box first.

Ok thank you.  I assume this the one you are referring to. Is it just to switch it and then you are ready to go?

Screenshot_20231123-154312.png