life of clutch

just wondering what the usual mileage would be on clutch? done over 100,000 miles now and no sign yet of clutch slipping. never hold it on a hill with clutch, and drive sensibly. who's got the most mileage please

sorry to here written off. not unusual to see that sort of mileage. seen taxi's with over 300,000. what was the mileage you got out of clutch though? surly you didn't get 230000 on same clutch?

I've wondered about this too - mines a DSG and I expect it'll cost a fortune to change.

I noticed that knocking it into neutral while I'm waiting at lights seems to take a small load of the engine so that's a thing I do now in a bid to extend the life of the clutch as much as possible!

Hi

Mine's a 1.6 diesel Greenline and recently has the master cylinder replaced at about 220,000 private miles. (Not a taxi). Otherwise, a new a.c. compressor last year and 3 timing belts. Fingers crossed still going strong. 

On 08/08/2023 at 18:13, pandaozzy said:

sorry to here written off. not unusual to see that sort of mileage. seen taxi's with over 300,000. what was the mileage you got out of clutch though? surly you didn't get 230000 on same clutch?

Thank you. I was sad to see it go. It had been a great car. 

Yes I had it delivered brand new to my house in 2012 and 230,000 miles later in Dec 2022 it was still on its original clutch. Used for a daily 130 mile round trip commute to work on mainly motorway and dual-carriageways.