Retrofitting Parking Sensors

Hi all, 

just recently bought a 2011 Fabia VRS as a second car and was wondering how easy it is to retrofit parking sensors? The garage I bought it from told me the rear bumper has been replaced due to a pretty deep scuff but wasn’t sure if the previous owner had said it had parking sensors before the change. 

Is it easy enough to check the boot to see if it’s all there and just the sensors that are needed?

Mrs is really struggling to get used to a car with no sensors 😂😂

I had mine from Fleabay 6-7 years ago and still going strong, even colour coded too, think they were £15 at the time, yes the lights and the bumper has to come off, on the inside you will see the marks where they cut the holes for the factory fit ones, that's what I used.

Just be careful drilling the holes with the hole saw provided, use a block of wood for support, and you will be fine, power is took off the reverse light, earth is just a bolt somewhere, feeding the wires though to the box, I used a grommet already there, think it's for the tow bar?, plenty of sealant round that, it will be ok.

Any problems give me a shout.

Trevor

Nice one. Cheers mate. 

Wouldn’t happened to have done any sound proofing on yours have you? The noise in the car compared to my 4 series is deafening lol. 

Definitely a rattle coming from the drivers door that’s sickening me 😂 I’ve got an absolute cheek to even complain, I’ve driven it about 10 times since we bought it

I've done oem with eddie_nl. Not super hard, but needs some weird brackets for the sensors to actually fit like from the factory. There are markings on the inside of the bumper for parking sensors, tow bar and exhaust cutout.

Basically go to lllparts, use the diagram from your car and year from there and buy all the cheap bits, then ebay to buy the module and the actual sensors. Bumper and most of the boot trim need to come off, the oem module screws are on the left hand side in the arch somewhere, close to a ground point fortunately.

• Love it! 1

Re about rattling in drivers door, it will be the door latch cable. Buy some dodo mat and felt tape and go at it. Also boot spare wheel well seems to take a lot of the background noise out. With these 2 done you'll notice most of the actual road noise comes from the front wheel arches and there's not much you can do about that

• Love it! 1