New Octavie Looming

I've just put a deposit on a nearly new Octavia from my local Skoda dealership.............it's a 1.5 TSi iV DSG.

As this is the first time I've dipped my toe in the EV automarket, I was wondering if someone might know the answers to a couple of questions I have.

1.  I want to invest in a 7Kw wall mounted charger, what are the advantages/disadvantages of tethered chargers with untethered chargers??

2. Should I get a charger with an earth rod or one without?  Again........pros and cons of each option.

Thanks for reading this.

Macdemon

Edited by Macdemon

There are threads in the Superb & Octavia sections on chargers for the PHEV,s and in the Enyaq & Electric car section maybe in the Citigo one,

Maybe worth a search for those until you get a reply.

I know nothing about them other than what those that seem to post on them.

As to tethered or un-tethered, tethered might mean the lead is not pinched if you have a untethered and leave your lead at home with the charger.