Most roomy and reliable Fabia?

TimTom

Hi all,

I'm trying to help daughter find a vehicle that will tick enough of the boxes to make the choice actually mean something.

She needs utility, something for moving real world things about in, like a bookcase, fridge or some flatpack furniture, camping with partner and their dog or some stuff for the dump. If the load area folded flat that could provide an overnight sleeping space. It would also have to be economical to run / maintain.

She would prefer petrol, manual, ULEZ compliant.

She doesn't really care about any fancy features, even electric windows or even aircon or even style or colour.

Ideally is would be both shorter and narrower than the 407 Saloon she's currently driving as she finds that a PITA when parking and just getting though the traffic.

We test drove a 2015 Fabia 1.4 TSE (?) auto and whilst she liked it overall, the rear seats didn't fold flat and she didn't like the 1s 'lag' you got when you tried to nip out on a small roundabout? Do all the autos do that?

She likes my old 04 Meriva A (given to me by Mum when Dad died) but it's not very good on fuel compared with the Fabia and more expensive to tax.  It is ULEZ compliant though, the rear seats fold flat, it's not long or wide, just getting a bit old now and the later models aren't considered as 'good' by some.

Personally, I think I'd like the Fabia Estate (are they all Monty Carlo?) and I could give her the Meriva but I think the estates are few and far between?

How reliable would an older Fabia (like a late MK2) be?

Thanks for your time in any case.

• Confused 1

Welcome.

Can you clear up the 2015 1.4 TSE.    No such car from Skoda.

Mk3 Fabia 1.2 TSI,s Euro 6 from 2014 there are until the 1.0 TSI replaced them.

Mk2 Fabia Euro 5 from 2009-2014 there are 1.4 TSI.s.  Sold in 2015 still maybe.

Mk3 Fabia, Euro 6 , 2014 / 2015 you get a 1.4 TDI 3 cylinder.   Diesel, which was discontinued later.

The thing about not many of what you want is you only want one and sometimes you have to travel to get it.

Megabus.  

Examples. 

90 or 110 ps 1.2 TSI's and not Monte Carlos.

Screenshot 2023-08-15 2.21.06 PM.png

Edited by toot

HI, sorry about the confusion, I was doing it from memory and after checking out a few cars for her, all these numbers / letters end up in a blur!

It was a 2015 1.2 TSI SE L 5dr DSG.

• Like 2

That is a 7 speed automatic then.  (DQ200 7 speed twin dry clutch DSG, and good spec.)

Wheel spin or sometimes a slow reaction / lag can be the car sitting a while and needs an Italian Tune-Up, Serviced, new fuel in,

or how you drive or not used to them or motoring journalists say they do that, and many that drive them know they do not all do that.

If she wants a manual then best get a manual.  Many with a DSG will never go back to manuals.  

Edited by toot