Octiavia iV Boot Opening

Hi,

Can someone please let me know what could be the issue when I open my boot on my Octavia iV VRS. I press the button to open it on the drivers door and the back door starts opening with Beep, beep, beep then I get a BEEEEEEPPPPPP 

The boot is empty other than my charging cable. Pressing the close button closes it OK. If I manually press the door open button on the back door it opens OK with no beeping.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

John

3 hours ago, weehappypixie said:

Hi,

Can someone please let me know what could be the issue when I open my boot on my Octavia iV VRS. I press the button to open it on the drivers door and the back door starts opening with Beep, beep, beep then I get a BEEEEEEPPPPPP 

The boot is empty other than my charging cable. Pressing the close button closes it OK. If I manually press the door open button on the back door it opens OK with no beeping.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

John

I am not positive but I guess its because you are opening it remotely, so if someone is walking passed they are warned it is 

opening, where as it you open it while you are there there does not need to be a warning !

• Like 1

Hi,

Further to my info above,

I know the car normally beeps when it's being opened via the drivers door or the key fob however the issue I am having is that as the door is almost opened it emits a continuous beep then stops when it has opened which it never did  before. Earlier this morning when I manually opened it via the button on the back door it did the same, it opened without the beep beep beep but then when it was opened let out a loud continuous beep.

Thanks.

John

Did you do it in a restricted space, backed up to a fence, or in an enclosed car park etc.  Or was there movement detected within range of rear sensors