Speed limit display on dash? (no traffic sign recognition)

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find out if its possible to get the speed limit information from the nav system to display on the dash/maxidot?

I don't have traffic sign recognition, but the nav system has speed limit information, so can this be displayed on the dash?

Ideally I'd like this all the time, but even if I have to use the nav and set a destination.

Any help really appreciated.

I have a Amundsen MIB2.5.

Thanks!

On 04/06/2021 at 15:37, Paulinkeighley said:

Title should be self explanatory but to elaborate, I have succeeded in getting the speed signs to display on the Columbus Navigation screen but am unable to find a way to feature them at all on the virtual cockpit. This seems to me to be such an obvious thing that a driver might want to configure that I'm wondering if I'm missing a trick, although I've looked everywhere. Lots of posts on this site about problems with TSR and displaying these signs but I don't have TSR and wonder if that's the root of the problem.

So to satisfy my curiosity can any owners of Sportline Plus models with a VC but no TSR please confirm what's possible and what isn't!

Many thanks

I asked a similar question a few years back and seems its not possible unfortunately.

3 hours ago, gristy said:

That's a shame, thanks for confirming.

Looks like I might have to consider a lane assist/traffic sign recognition retrofit!

If you are anywhere near London, feel free to get in touch as it’s something I offer :) 

• Like 1