Coolant specs

I got a bit paranoid about the silicone bag and, because my expansion tank had the bag in an internal tube, I could not remove it. So I changed the tank for the latest revision which does not have a bag. Fine so far. But what I don't know is what is the coolant in the car. Is it g12 or g13. Various posts on here state it should be on the tank but I can't find it. If it is g12 can I top up with g13 and vice versa? 😧

53 minutes ago, BillyParker said:

Is it g12 or g13

It won't be G12, that's ancient.

Most likely G13 or G12evo from factory, I'd use G12evo to top up as it's the newer tech and compatible with G13.

Coolant 2.JPG

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 05/09/2023 at 19:45, BillyParker said:

I got a bit paranoid about the silicone bag and, because my expansion tank had the bag in an internal tube, I could not remove it. So I changed the tank for the latest revision which does not have a bag. Fine so far. But what I don't know is what is the coolant in the car. Is it g12 or g13. Various posts on here state it should be on the tank but I can't find it. If it is g12 can I top up with g13 and vice versa? 😧

Do you have the Part Number for the new Coolant Tank (without Silicone Bag)?

On 18/05/2023 at 19:45, BillyParker said:

Okeay picked up header tank today. Saw video on youtube showing it being fitted. Half hour job, but probably two hours for me. Attached pictures of tank, number on tank and number on picking slip. Don'tknow what one is the actual part number. Probably do it over the weekend.

Address for youtube vid

header number.jpg

picking slip.jpg

tank.jpg

Post I put on earlier

• Like 1