Audi diesel wins Le Mans

FabianvRS

The dark side has arrived :D

Fantastic result for Audi, diesel power has to be taken seriously in motorsport now :)

No doubt all the petrolheads and purists will be crying into their beer :D

Hopefully, on the back of this win, we'll see some serious performance diesels developed by Audi and VAG group - maybe one day we'll see a diesel twin turbo vRS?

maybe one day we'll see a diesel twin turbo vRS?

I think it's peugeot that has just announced a 170bhp 2.2 litre twin turbo diesel engine.

Now think what two turbos and 10% more capacity could do to VAG's 170bhp 2.0 TDI.

Over 200 bhp as standard perhaps?

Isn't the BMW 535d a twin turbo diesel aswell?

I was reading about the Audi R10 in Evo on holiday. Wanted it to do well :thumbup: It was the favourite to win though!

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/live/actu/2006-06-18_AF_1049_gb.html

"Unlikely as it may seem - and it would have been deemed impossible until recently - diesel is not just economical, not merely practical, beyond unexpectedly torquey, it is now a type of engine with a Le Mans win to its name."

one happy TDI driver..:D

is it just me or was there an extreme lack of coverage for this years le mans :confused:

Don't think its been on any channels:thumbdwn:

I think it's peugeot that has just announced a 170bhp 2.2 litre twin turbo diesel engine.QUOTE]

Yes, but that is nothing to get excited about. I think it is going into the 407 only and considering the biggest petrol engine in them now is so wet a little more horse power is still going to be pants.

PS who was it in the black Octy vRS who beeped me on the way down there? I saw the car at the services this side of the channel and saw the Briskoda sticker above the front number plate so I know it's one of the guys on here - looks tasty btw :thumbup: