New Octavia - Central Armrest Ratcheting Issue (FUMING!!!)

jonboyuk

Hi all, I'm having a bit of an issue with Skoda service dept (Bristol) and I wondered if any of you can give me some feedback just so I know I'm not going absolutely mad.

On the day that I collected my Octavia (2 months ago), I noticed the central armrest just flopped back down and wasn't ratcheting properly.

Initially the salesman I got it from said, "The armrests don't really ratchet anymore". Which I suspected to be a lie. After *eventually* getting Skoda to get it booked in, I took it in today for them to diagnose it.

After 30 mins a guy came back and said "It's sorted!" Showed me. Apparently, I have to lift it up very gently to find the first ratchet, then it works. As he could get it working with a very particular action, he said there was no fault and that it's not covered by warranty! He also said all Skoda's are like that now (including his Octavia). I went into his and a few around the showroom (inc. a new Octavia) and they ALL make an audible ratchet sound.

I then saw the service manager who said "I can get it working, so I deem it not to have a fault, sorry". I explained that they are supposed to work without me having to gently find the correct ratchet position to which he said, 'well it works and I deem it okay'. I explained that I wasn't happy so he said he could book it in for a full inspection, but it involves "stripping the car down" and if they can't find a fault then it's not covered. Then they have to send photos to Skoda to get authorisation to get the replacement part. He was also semi implying that maybe I broke it (which isn't the case since it was like that the day I collected it).

I'm fuming because there IS a flipping fault and it's as if they're all gaslighting me telling me it's okay when it's clearly not. All my old Skodas (Karoq/Fabia etc) all ratcheted properly and made a sound.

Here's a video:

https://youtu.be/bWuSBcbFt_k

Please tell me I'm not going mad 😞 Thanks.

Edited by jonboyuk
Typo!

• 2 weeks later...