Dealer Central Console Damage

Matt_909

Hi All,

So my Skoda Octavia had to go into the Dealer for Gear Lever Selector Fault, where they changed a microswitch or some sort of switch.

When I got the car back, the first thing I noticed was the damage on the center console. I went back into the Dealer and told them, its been damaged during the repair.

Subsequently, the Dealer has spoken to the repairing engineer, who denies all knowledge of it. So we are left at a Stalemate.

The car is going back to the Dealer mid October, and they want to look at the damage again, but i think it may end up with them denying it.

Can this be repaired at all? And can any South East London/Dartford members give recommendations as to a good repairer?

Thanks

Skoda Central Console.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Groan 1

I had damage to my paint work following a dealer visit and they kept denying they had done it. I contacted their MD and Skoda UK along with leaving truthful but accurate reviews on the web. They wouldn't admit liablity and said it was goodwill but they paid to sort it. Don't give up!

This is really crazy how dealers and their employees don't take care of other people possessions. 

Smth similar happend to me. I'm so glad I already had the PPF on. They also denied it at first. But at the end they paid for the new PPF on the front fender.

2021-11-29 13.47.28.jpg