PSA: Servicing / Maintenance Schedules & Prices

Yogi-Bear

Running through the online service booking tool on Skoda's website, and it's changed since last year. Now it gives various options for 'Additional Service Items' and 'Scheduled & Unscheduled Maintenance', so I figured people might like to know what's recommended when and for how much (based on a vRS in Gloucester, so I guess prices will vary depending on your spec and location)...

The first category only has changing the brake fluid, which it says should be done every 2 years @ £63.17

Then you have brakes...

Front Pads - £327.58

Front Pads + Discs - £709.42

Rear Pads - £290.76

Rear Pads + Discs - £506.88

Finally...

DSG Oil Change (hint box says every 40,000 miles) - £361.09

4x4 Oil Change (hint box says every 3 years/30,000 miles) - £122.03

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yogi-Bear said:

DSG Oil Change (hint box says every 40,000 miles) - £361.09

Does this depend on which DSG box is fitted?

The DQ381 had longer service intervals than some of the other boxes. (My DSG, which is why I'm interested.)

It used to be 8 years or 80K miles.

463155299_Gearboxserviceguide.thumb.png.cef5a283dcfa333a89ef6b2ec6d85081.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EnterName said:

Does this depend on which DSG box is fitted?

I've no idea - first step is to put your reg in, so it knows what variant you have. Whether or not it then tailors the options for you, or they're just generic ones, I have no idea as I only have one data point to go from. Maybe run through it yourself and see what it says...?

Oh, and should have mentioned - they're all 'estimated prices', to leave a little wiggle room for the dealer I guess 😉.

• Like 1

It is a 7 speed wet clutch DSG with the AWD so a DQ381.  Service at 40,000 miles if you want, or before 80,000 miles but maybe tell them you want the filter replaced.

Is the Brake Fluid now at each 2 years and not first at 3 years then each 2.    (Mk4 Fabia are showing at each 2 years, they have gone back to what things were over a decade ago.)

@EnterName  There is nothing that has it @ 8 years or the DQ250,s at 4 years other than the error on Skoda Web Pages. 

It is by miles not years.

There are some crazy price differences being quoted these days. Especially with DSG Servicing.

1179912860_922218293_Screenshot2022-09-2115_58_57.jpg.3711dc86397a804fc83f268add4ae736(1).jpg.606196879c2532f67305f1ec411800c6.jpg

575794279_Screenshot2023-03-1822_35_35.jpg.f1eafd544592c6770c8a17f54f93155c.jpg

959813611_Screenshot2023-03-0510_34_49.png.85bef5569b66a2b4526c506c3bbe7ad1.png

Edited by toot
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Yogi-Bear said:

I've no idea - first step is to put your reg in, so it knows what variant you have. Whether or not it then tailors the options for you, or they're just generic ones, I have no idea as I only have one data point to go from. Maybe run through it yourself and see what it says...?

Oh, and should have mentioned - they're all 'estimated prices', to leave a little wiggle room for the dealer I guess 😉.

40K miles it is now for my car. Okay, it's what I was planning to do (at 8 years), but interesting that Skoda has come round to my way of thinking. 😄

image.thumb.png.5fcab9a5b96701ae096f9d9163b95e2b.png

It's amazing how prices vary. I'm being quoted.

Brake Fluid change  £74.33

Front Brake and pads £533

Rear brake and Pads £403

My car will be serviced at the end of October. Took out the service plan when it was on offer last month so that's taken care of. My Brake Fluid will be done at half that  price by Halfords, the MOT at a local Indi ( £30 ) and I suspect the car will need the brakes and pads replaced.

• 1 month later...

Have a little more real-world experience now.

Skoda quoted £372 to replace. ( £287 for discs + £85 for pads ).   Brake fluid would be  £75

The OEM discs for my car were manufactured by ATE  300mm x 12mm thick.  ( 3Q0615601A )

I'm assuming the pads ( 3Q0698451L ) are, I'm assuming, ATE also.

Been lucky not to have an issue with most VAG cars I've owned but requiring new discs and pads after Just over 13000 miles on the Kodiaq? That points to exceptionally poor quality IMO. I won't replace them with OEM.

Going for a popular branded disc, a direct replacement from Bosch / Ferodo / Brembo etc appears to cost anything between £85 - £100 delivered for the pair.  Pads? we're talking anywhere between £27 to £35 so parts total should be no more than £135.

Labour?  In need of more homework on that one as it's proving troublesome for garages to quote labour only ( they want to supply and fit ). Thus far it looks like £90 around these parts is a fair price for fitting. So the whole job shouldn't cost more than £225 vs £372 from my Skoda dealer - or £507 from Yogi-Bear's !  🤪

Why does it have to be so flip'n complicated? Why do garages want to supply and fit? People speak of Skoda being rip off merchants but I'm being quoted well over £300 from the popular fast-fit centres and in all cases, that's supplying brands I've never heard of. The reality is many of them aren't offering replacement  disc + pads cheaper than what Skoda is asking.

As for brake fluid - the majority of local garages around here are quoting over £80 for the job i.e.  their price is MORE than Skoda want. A select few quote £40-£50. I had it done by one of the select few :D

Edited by kodiaqsportline

I've always changed disks and pads myself previously, but never had an electric handbrake until now. Presumably the front brakes are "normal" but retracting the rear pistons puts me off somewhat.

Do you have to buy an appropriate OBD2 tool or can you just stick 12v across the actuator, as some (generic) Youtube videos suggest?