Stereo help

Hi all, I've been using an 8gb SD card (not full) for a number of years now having first used it in my old mk2.

On a recent long trip,my partner and I have both realised how crap the shuffle function is in that it doesn't seem to go through all of the songs and ends up repeating songs whilst some others hardly get a look in!

My question, is this a known problem and would I be better off just using a usb instead?

I'm not sure what stereo it is but it does have a satnav if that helps?

Could there be too many in the one folder.

Are all the tracks mp3, the Amundsen unit will not play Windows media audio files with DRM protection.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/847498/Skoda-Amundsen.html?page=21#manual

Another possibility is that it always plays randomly but weirdly in the same order each time it starts up.

I drive a Mercedes minibus that plays the stick randomly but if i stop the engine, when i start up i hear the same songs again, I have to press skip a few times to get it to move on.

Edited by Stonekeeper

14 minutes ago, andy2286 said:

I've thought about that, but surely if i grouped them into sub folders it would only play from that one specific sub folder?

When you have sub-folders the trick is to put one track  outside. Then press shuffle whilst that is playing

So the structure would be

Main folder "Music"

one loose track

Then Folders by artist or genre or album

but with no folders within the second set of folders

Music >single track

folder

folder

So if the display is like the one  in the link above

Music would be what is in the top bar of the screen (A) when you press shuffle

1340144544_Screenshot2023-09-23at21-25-48OperatingAudioSourcesTrack_FolderBrowserMediaSettings-SkodaAmundsenOwnersManualPage22.png.53eac8c204f1c768067c2644fb5535e9.png

Not absolutely certain because i do not have that unit, but that is how my card is structured and it works that way in my car.

Edited by Stonekeeper
  • Like 1