Fabia III - Front Parking Sensors??

jeallen01

Good afternoon

As you may have gathered from other recent threads, we've just acquired one of the above (2016 but 2017 model spec, 1.2l 90bhp, Monte Carlo trim spec) and that came with rear, but not front, parking sensors fitted. Unfortunately my wife is (a) only 5ft tall (b) can't see where the front end of the car is because she can't see the end of the bonnet & (c) TERRIBLE at judging distances, especially when trying to park, and is scared of trying to do that !🙄

Therefore she wants me to find someone/somewhere (in W.London!) that could fit FRONT parking sensors  - and preferably, I think, get the ECU to recognise them, like, I think, that on the very "best" trim level Fabia does - Otherwise a 3rd party system would be acceptable.

Thus, can anyone suggest someone in this general area that could do that?

Thx in advance.

PS: I think we may have a had a similar discussion several years about a similar subject for another car, but, if so, I can't find it.

Edited by jeallen01

• jeallen01 changed the title to Fabia III - Front Parking Sensors??

Well, we'll "argue" about whether our Mk III Fabia is a 90 bhp (which Skoda UK seemed to confirm that it is!) or 110 bhp m/c at a late date - maybe the difference is that it's a 2016 build but nominally a 2017 pre-change to the Mk IV model year m/c?

As for the front sensors, maybe the difference could be that they came in with the change of engine to the 3 cylinder 1.5l in the Mk IV instead of the 4 cylinder 1.2l in the Mk III??

So, anyway, it looks like I need to look for a 3rd party supplier - so does anyone have any suggestions as to where to look?

Edited by jeallen01

I'm not up to date with this, but, when I last looked, at least VW and SEAT offered an aftermarket kit initially a re-branded Cobra Alarms kit, but then Vodaphone Auto, I think, bought over Cobra Alarms or that part of the Cobra business, and so these kits became VW or SEAT re-branded Vodaphone Auto kits.  I might be wrong with this Vodaphone company name it might even be Vodaphone Automotive or similar.

These kits should give the same visual appearance as the factory fitted VW Group kits, but again they will not integrate with the car's infotainment system, but, because of this, they will be seriously cheaper to get fitted to your car.

I went down the "factory fit" route for my car when I bought my wife a VW Polo 1.2TSI SEL, it sort of became a project as I was interested in retro fitting as close to factory fitted as possible, and even in parts, some bought used, it cost a serious chunk of money, but it kept me happy!

If VW Group, or as in your case, Skoda, do not still sell these kits, then maybe look up Vodaphone Automotive or Auto and see if they still sell these kits.

39 minutes ago, rum4mo said:

If VW Group, or as in your case, Skoda, do not still sell these kits, then maybe look up Vodaphone Automotive or Auto and see if they still sell these kits.

Thx!👍

I was looking earlier this evening and I think I've seen those advertised - but I could not get back to them ATM

14 hours ago, jeallen01 said:

Thx!👍

I was looking earlier this evening and I think I've seen those advertised - but I could not get back to them ATM

Could this be the company/site to which you were aiming to refer: https://www.parking-made-easy.co.uk/?doing_wp_cron=1695638930.9240601062774658203125

?

Not quite, but when I went looking yesterday, I did see that site, the Vodaphone Automotive website certainly didn’t seem to be aimed at the buyer, so buying from there or another seller should work okay.

I noticed that the front sensor kit requires a button to switch it on if not moving backwards, that is the same for the front genuine set I fitted to my 2011 Audi S4, after driving my wife’s 2015 VW Polo, that has front and rear sensors from factory, it can be quite easy to drive close to something in front, forgetting that the front sensors on my S4 will not be switched on - so far I’ve escaped touching anything!

Edited by rum4mo