KW DCC dampers from Passat B8

Hi

I have the opportunity to buy a lightly used set of KW DCC coilovers for way under €1000. It's a great deal as you might understand as they cost upwards of three grand new.

My 2016 tdi190 fwd L&K has 220 000km on it now so the stock shocks and springs are getting a little wobbly and tired. No leaks at the MOT though, just some light oil mist at the top.

The problem is that the KWs are for a Passat B8 4x4.

Fronts: KW 100 1118

Art. No: 391 80 454

FkLz: FXY209

Rears: KW 100 1007

Art. No: 391 80 155

FkLz: FXY208

So... how far of am I in fitting these on my superb? Are damping curves different or only springs? One of the rear springs are actually broke. So I am ready to replace the rear ones anyway.

Will they not fit?

Will they totally f*ck up the ride and make the car undrivable and unsafe?

Will they be better than the current stock 220 000km units on the car?

If anyone have any input on this it would be really appreciated!

BR

Alexander

The suspension parts I fitted to my Passat were listed as compatible with some specs of superb so my suggestion is they will fit. The plug for the DCC will need double checking. Maybe get a photo from the seller and climb under your car with your phone and look at the side by side.

Springs can be swapped so that's covered. The damping will likely be much firmer than what you have now but should be able to tweak it with vcds to what you like. They'll need setting up anyway probably.

Don't underestimate the change in firmness though. Going from worn stock to (nearly) new coilovers will be quite a change.

8 hours ago, MarkyG82 said:

Going from worn stock to (nearly) new coilovers will be quite a change.

Yea, but I still hope that comfort will not be too "racecar jarring" and that they are more sophisticated than the Monroe's. Firm, but not like Audi S-Line overdampened stock crap.

Good tip on the DCC -plug! Thanks.

7 hours ago, elfensin said:

They should be fine.

As far as I know, all MQB platform cars use the same Monroe DCC strut. Springs and DCC turning are variable depends on the cars and models. 

Alright!

So the different article numbers at KW is more or less only to differentiate between spring setup in the package?

There is no difference in valving, only car side software differences?

And 4x4 / FWD is only a matter of weight difference, and by extension spring rates?