Rear shockers

Looking for some advice. I noticed while rear wheels were being balanced yesterday, I have Bilstein shockers, I suspect they were upgraded prior to my ownership, but wanted to check if they are standard or not. I took photos of the

label but could not see the whole number, will post the photos later. 

I noticed when going over speed bumps much more bounce from the front end compared to the rear end. 

I would like to upgrade the front end too to make the ride a bit firmer.

start by stiffer springs

-> https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/516079-skoda-superb-dcc-missing-or-not/#comment-5787673

read careful!

this is optimal solution for 2.0 TSI's front axle,

which springs will give stiffness !!!without lowering!!! on the rear axle of 4x4 i haven't found yet

On 08/10/2023 at 10:28, the_wiley said:

Looking for some advice. I noticed while rear wheels were being balanced yesterday, I have Bilstein shockers, I suspect they were upgraded prior to my ownership, but wanted to check if they are standard or not. I took photos of the

label but could not see the whole number, will post the photos later. 

I noticed when going over speed bumps much more bounce from the front end compared to the rear end. 

I would like to upgrade the front end too to make the ride a bit firmer.

Here are some photos showing the part number 19-230559. I doubt these are factory fit but I am no mechanic. 

Does anyone know what the section behind is with the crack, should I get it looked at?

rear shock5.jpg

rear shock4.jpg

rear shock3.jpg

rear shock1.jpg

That crack looks like it could be the paint peeling on the drive shaft? Maybe?

The shocks are bilstein B4 which are like for like replacement for stock. Some say they are stiffer. I suspect that added stiffness is down to replacing old worn shocks with quality new ones. You could benefit from new front ones depending on how old the rears are.