Service almost due again, and front sensor impaired.

Growis

I had my car serviced at the end of September and its saying its nearly due again all ready. The picture might explain that one though! (Mansfield to Nordkapp at the top of Norway, and home again is quite a long drive) but the main reason for the post is the front sensor impairment warning I kept getting when it was snowing. Every time the snow built up on the front of the car I would get the warning. As soon as I cleared the snow, it was ok again. Other than trying to polish and wax the grill to try to stop the snow sticking to it, is there anything else I can do to stop it failing again?

Norway 2023-88.jpg

20231005_080410199_iOS.jpg

Welcome.

Driving and you looking ahead in the snow or after the snow seems to be all you can do. 

?

Have you not tried polishing or using something to stop the snow sticking when you had it happening? 

Not that i would expect that to make any difference in that circumstances.

DSCN3672.JPG.7471276f18a13dce9933dfad77997a23.jpeg

Edited by toot

I looked at the plastic of the grill today while I was washing it, and the plastic has an uneven texture to it, so even if it was waxed, I think snow will still stick to it pretty well. It seems like a bad design from Skoda thats the case.

On the bright side it’s probably a good thing the front sensor is impaired with snow, as you really don’t want the front assist slamming on the brakes unexpectedly when driving on snow.

On 15/10/2023 at 15:26, Kenny R said:

On the bright side it’s probably a good thing the front sensor is impaired with snow, as you really don’t want the front assist slamming on the brakes unexpectedly when driving on snow.

That's true, but its a pain having the warning light on on the dash all the time. It would be nice if there was a way of turning the warning off. I tried turning off front assist in the menus, but the warning was still there.