Door lock motor broken

mouk

2010 Fabia

Drivers side door handle (inside) when pulled has no resistance.

I took it into a garage and they have said the motor is broken. To get a replacement from TPS is £313 for part plus all the labour.

I have seen what appear to be similar items sell for much less on eBay and breakers yard - like sub £50.

I rang TPS but they won't give me the part number, which I want to ensure I am buying the right thing.

The garage have said they won't fit a used part so I may have a go myself as I have taken the door trim off before but I suspect its going to be a pain.

Has anyone got a guide on how hard it is to do and what part number might be?

Garage have said the motor doesn't affect the lock/key part.

I would remove the door card and check inside the door first. I believe there is a cable that connects the handle to the mechanism (mine rattles against the inside of the passenger door) which may have snapped or detached.

The garage took the doorcard off yesterday and told me the motor was broken - I trust the garage

I've ordered a part off eBay for £30 so when it turns up next week I'll open the door card and see what's inside