Boot not opening

I have a hatchback 1.9 tdi elegance with the electric boot release. When I try opening the boot there's no sound of the motors or anything, checked for current to the motor, there's no ground to boot motor, but all the wiring seems to be ok. Tried swapping out the CCM and got it programmed on VCDS too but to no avail. Giving direct 12V current the boot motor works, Currently I've temporarily rigged up a switch to the boot motor directly to open it, but its 2 person job, someone has to lift the boot while I press the switch. Any Solution/Suggestions

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-22 at 1.45.31 PM.jpeg

I’ve been looking on here due to a friends Karoq electric boot not working, so far I found someone investigated the issue themselves after Skoda told them they needed new struts and after pulling back the rubber, they found a broken wire. See link attached. https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/514406-karoq-electric-boot/?do=findComment&comment=5790384