Anyone heard of this electrical fault

Hornetman

Hi Folks,

My wife has had a 63 plate 1.2 TSI DSG since 2018 and its been a great, reliable car. Only costs over the five years have been a new battery and a new alternator. 

However, its now experiencing some electrical problems that first came to light with the Digital display doing odd things, clock changing time on start up and trip meters resetting, going blank etc

More recently, on attempting to Start, the whole warning light display has failed to come on and there has been no power. Sometimes this has been accompanied by having to unlock the doors with the ignition key, so I assume power has failed before

attempting to start the car. If you notice it at the time, the door open indicator doesn't light up on entry either. A further indication of no power I assume. 

I have to admitted I can't remember if the exterior lights work when all this happens as she/we are normally to busy wondering what to do about getting from A to B at the time!

In general, the lights are bright and there are no signs of low battery etc. The car starts first time and runs just as well as it always has so its a bit of a puzzle. The problems (apart from the Digital display which is still wonky) have so far rectified themselves after leaving the car for a varying amount of time but obviously there's the worry that one day they won't.  

I have heard tales and read on this forum of strange Roomster electrical happenings but I'm not aware of these particular ones. If anyone has and can provide suggestions or possible solutions it would be appreciated.  

Car electrics are a bit of a mystery  to me ,all I can suggest a good place to start is looking at earthing points around the car to check they are tight.

Hopefully someone  can come up with a better answer. Good luck.

image.png