Fuel cap drain hose, refit?

Oli

So I was cleaning the car and I think I was a bit overzealous and pushed the water drain hose out of the fuel cap. 

The hose fell on to the floor under the car after I moved off the wash bay. It is complete with the transparent hose and the black header piece.

I am looking to refit it and perhaps add a hose clip to secure it better behind the road wheel. Has anyone got a photo or workshop sheet on where the hose goes to and should correctly emerge?

I got this from a thread regarding the "sticking flap" problem.  The thread seems to be about a Superb but the diagram looks similar to the Karoq filler.

The drain hose looks like a push fit in this diagram. Could you reinsert from the top and then squirt some water down it to see where it comes out?  The interesting bit is the instruction "Pull the drain hose -4- out of the unit.".  

It seems to imply that putting it back is just a reverse of the procedure.

This thread has a video:

https://www.karoqforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1059&sid=49af9ddf394050a363fe78ce20b1608a

tom

Edited by Sanqhar
  • Like 1

That’s what I thought. Appears just be be a friction fit held in by the top adapter on the hose. If you clean it too hard then the hose and adapter fall through the rubber face of the fuel cap surround and the hose falls out. Amazed it isn’t held with a clip or some ringing more substantial somewhere!