How to stop Amundsen changing map scale

Woodentop19

We have an ex-demo MY22 Sportline 2L diesel first registered end 9/22, we bought it 31 Jan 2023.

Does anyone know how to make the awful* Infotainment unit stop changing the map scale? It was only by accident that I found I didn't have to keep doing a double finger split on the screen to change the scale - just turn the front panel right knob. However it doesn't stop the scale changing every time you go round a corner or accelerate! On our previous car (see below) once you set the scale (I used 75yds) it stayed there until it was manually changed. (Also who was the bright spark that put the speed sign roundal so that it covers the (almost invisible) compass directional symbol? Oh, and whilst I'm at it, can I get rid of that stupid 'target' screen that comes on every time the unit starts up?)

Pity, because in most other instances the vehicle is superb. I don't know if it is the new EVO version engine or remapping of the ECU, but 60+mpg on medium runs is worth shouting about, isn't it?

* The Discovery Media in out last car (2018 Passat Estate 150 TDi GT) did everything the Amundsen does and much more and was considerably more user friendly.

TIA.

On mine, if you adjust the map scale using the right hand roller it stays at that setting. To get it to adjust automatically, I have to press the roller in after adjusting it. (But I use the map display in the centre of the digital instrument panel... it might be different if you're using the main infotainment screen.)

Chris

2 hours ago, CJJE said:

On mine, if you adjust the map scale using the right hand roller it stays at that setting. To get it to adjust automatically, I have to press the roller in after adjusting it. (But I use the map display in the centre of the digital instrument panel... it might be different if you're using the main infotainment screen.)

Chris

I did try that but it still roams all over the place - come to think of it (possibly) always upwards from my preferred 200ft to 1000ft or 2000ft.

Unfortunately our MY22 doesn't have a LCD dash as it was made in or about 11/21 (mistake in my original post) but wasn't registered until 29/09/22 so has the original dial instruments!