Kamiq or Karoq

Blaiize

Am thinking of purchasing a Kamoq or Karoq one litre version to be used for two occupants plus holiday luggage with some motorway use.

Have read conflicting evidence for pro and cons about these models. 

Intend to buy either vehicle at two or three years old, low mileage from skoda dealers.

Is there anything I should look out for or should I opt for a higher capacity engine variant?

We bought a 2020 plate 1.5dsg Sportline Karoq in May to replace a Freelander. Different beast to the Freelander altogether but have found it to be a very agreeable ride although I would add that we had to fit Michelin CrossClimates to the oem 19in rims as the Bridgestones were probably the most uncomfortable tyres I’ve ever had, felt every bump or hole in the road, nightmare. 
Have found the dsg gearbox to be very smooth and pushes the car along at a decent pace. Small software issue affected the infotainment system just after we bought it but dealer soon sorted it out. Apart from that, nothing untoward to report 

The 1 litre tsi is more than capable with DSG gearbox for 2 people plus luggage.

It is a very free running engine and unless you really like gear changing, I would avoid the manual version

Both are good cars, try not to get the biggest wheel size, can be hard ride on UK poor quality roads.  The factory tyres don't like cold rain (the sort UK gets) and it is possible to spin front wheels pulling out of turnings when wet on factory tyres (which are warm weather, hard eco biased tyres).   A set of premium all season tyres fixes the poor grip in cold wet weather.

If don't normally carry anyone in back seats get Kamiq, if need more back seat space then get Karoq.  The Karoq is bit taller, whereas Kamiq is more of a high riding hatchback.

Both models have many spec levels and very long list of options, so if you have a choice do check what is fitted.