Bolero Bluetooth

Hi

Just bought a second-hand Octavia 2008 which has the Bolero head unit but no Bluetooth module. There are a number of forums here talking about aftermarket kits but they are quite old and the links for parts are no longer valid. Just asking where and what I need to buy to allow Bluetooth functionality.

Secondly, this is probably a stupid question but will it need coding by a VAG dealer or is it plug and play and coding is just for the MFD display on the dashboard?

Finally,  is it possible if I find a Skoda with a Bolero unit at a wreckers to remove the Bluetooth module / microphone and attach to my Bolero unit with(out) coding?

Cheers

Nick

Briefly, I did this on my mk2 fl vrs when I had it.

Yes, you can buy them second hand. There are a range of model part nos that fit. I can look up what I bought but you should find a thread with those compatible somewhere. Maybe outside briskoda as well.

If it was in an identical car then it probably won't need much coding, if it's from say another vag group car likelihood is some more coding. But either way to get it to activate will require some coding atleast. 

You  need the Bluetooth module and probably a piggy back quadlock connector loom.

If you want to use it with your phone you will need the microphone and cable as well to use it properly. 

• 3 weeks later...