Design and manufacture of rare or custom parts

valver16

I am able to offer both design and manufacturing services for rare or custom parts, including reverse engineering. I am a professional design engineer, competent with CAD software and creating engineering drawings. I also have access to a large catalogue of suppliers to manufacture these parts or assemblies. My (non-exhaustive) list of services will be as follows:

• Design and procurement of steel fabrications, including: flat profile plates, bent profile plates, and welded assemblies. Can be offered with a variety of surface finished including paint, powder coating, elecroplating etc.
  • Design and procurement of machined parts. Primarily offering various grades of aluminium and steel, but other materials can be considered on a case-by-case basis.
  • Design and procurement of 3D printed plastic parts in a variety of materials and finishes.

If you require anything not on the list above, let me know. Variety is the spice of life and the worst I can say is no.

Costs will vary based on the work involved, but will typically cover the cost of manufactue (including prototypes), cost of shipping, and enough to cover my own time on top. As with anything, costs will obviously make a lot more sense for larger runs of parts as opposed to one-offs, so I would encourage interested members to try to drum up some interest among peers if they are interested. Any popular requests could be offered with a fixed price on the classifieds if there is enough interest after design and prototyping.

I am not active as often as I used to be, so responses will come to messages as and when I see them.  I will not add any other points of contact to this thread without the go-ahead from a moderator.

Thank you all for reading, and please do ask if you want any more information or clarification on any of the above.