Android Auto issue

3 weeks into my new Superb ownership and I'm delighted with the car.

One small nagging issue though...  Android Auto.

I've got 2 Samsung phones, my own A12 and my work A32.  They both connect to the car via Bluetooth perfectly,  and can toggle between them.  No issues with the car recognising the phones next time I switch on, as long as I don't use Android Auto.

I can connect the A12 with the USB cable to use Android Auto, and it works perfectly...Spotify, maps etc.   Both phones still work fine too.

However the next time I switch the car on it will only connect to one phone, the A12, and calls won't connect properly.   The A32 isn't recognised automatically and when I try to manually pair it the system hangs for ages and eventually I'll get a message saying "can't connect A32" .  The A12 is still "connected" but won't make calls. 

Tried removing phones from the car, car from the phones but same thing happens.  

In summary Bluetooth is fine but Android Auto seems to confuse it.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!!  

Edited by Mickey43

1 hour ago, stever750 said:

I have a frequent Android auto glitch with my LG V50. Also, on BT my address book won't sync, though I think that's a phone issue tbh. The only workaround for android auto is to reboot my phone. 

Thanks for your reply 

• 4 weeks later...

I've just upgraded to a Galaxy S23 ultra and it connects fine with BT along with my work A52, the address book synced first time. However, I still get the occasional Android auto glitch so it must be the vag software that's just a bit crap.