Skoda Superb Elegance 2015 Tailgate lock problem

Hi

I'm having a problem with the tailgate boot lock.

Following a botched attempt by a professional to resolve the issue I've decided to see if I can fix it myself.

I've obtained a replacement part which has the same part number as the original failed lock.  I now understand how to change the lock.

However as part of the earlier attempt, the retracting rod that pulls the tailgate down has been moved about 5 mm to the left. (picture attached).

I am unable to see any obvious mechanism to relocate it to the centre where it was initially.

Any help with this would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Peter

boot locking bar.jpg

That striker plate is usually held in by two bolts / screws - one at either side of the pin - that are covered by the trim around the tailgate - you'll need to remove the trim to loosen them re-align it. 

• Like 1

Thanks to everybody for their comments.  For once I can make some comments that I haven't seen elsewhere.

Firstly do not attempt to remove the trim.  You are likely to do some irreversible damage.

It is actually quite simple to adjust the striker plate.  The only tool needed is a Torx allen style key size T50.  A T50 screwdriver might work.  In my case it would have been difficult to apply sufficient torque to release the tension.

Access to the screws is obtained by unclipping two plastic cover plates.  The attached photos show the clips and where they fit.

Peter

PB225567mod.jpg

PB225568mod.jpg

• Like 2