Sod it - warning lights are on...

JUT

Need some help peeps

Coming back from Le Mans I noticed a couple of lights on the dash, ABS and ASR are now permanently lit. I did a forum search and noted someone's advice that it may be a loose cable in the battery box lid, I've taken all of these off, cleaned them up and bolted them on tightly, didn't fix the problem and now I have three warning bongs when I turn the ignition on too! :(

Any suggestions what could be causing this? I can't feel anything different about the way the car drives and everything seems to still be working? :confused:

Another cause for the ABS light coming on is when it detects a big difference in wheel speed between front and rear wheels (can be triggered by going on a rolling road, for example). I believe a few cycles of turning the car on and off can clear it so it sounds like it's probably not the problem you're hitting.

As Sharkrider says, best to get it to a dealer and get the fault codes checked :D

Chris

Need some help peeps

Coming back from Le Mans I noticed a couple of lights on the dash' date=' ABS and ASR are now permanently lit. I did a forum search and noted someone's advice that it may be a loose cable in the battery box lid, I've taken all of these off, cleaned them up and bolted them on tightly, didn't fix the problem and now I have three warning bongs when I turn the ignition on too! :(

Any suggestions what could be causing this? I can't feel anything different about the way the car drives and everything seems to still be working? :confused:[/quote']

Also Worth Noting That ABS/ASR/ESP are all inter-connected, a fault with one will usually bring up all the lights

Hi JUT :)

I'm afraid I have no idea about your problem, but I did pass you on the French Motorway between Rouen and Calais! I saw your numberplate and all the briskoda stickers and wanted to wave but now I drive a Fiesta ST150 you probably wouldnt have waved back ;)

Hope you had a good time, it was one of the best weekends of my life :)

Hi JUT :)

I'm afraid I have no idea about your problem' date=' but I did pass you on the French Motorway between Rouen and Calais! I saw your numberplate and all the briskoda stickers and wanted to wave but now I drive a Fiesta ST150 you probably wouldnt have waved back ;)

Hope you had a good time, it was one of the best weekends of my life :)[/quote']

Bet I was looking rather slammed with 4 fat lads and that roofbox! :rofl:

Was a cracking weekend, already planning next year's trip! Bigger and better beermountains (or possibly beeramids) must be built to outdo this year's creation :thumbup:

Well it's easy enough to find out if the ABS is working

I'm pretty sure ABS and power steering are still working fine

Won't get a chance to take it into the stealer until a week on Saturday though, I think. Will just have to leave it on the driveway until then :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hurrah, warning lights have been diagnosed to a faulty rear ABS sensor, being repaired on Saturday under warranty...

...just in time to sell it. I've gone and done something extremely foolish - put a deposit down on a TVR Chimaera :D

As soon as the private plate is transferred over, the vRS will be up for grabs. Will post up a notice in the For Sale section nearer the time if anyone is interested :thumbup:

I've gone and done something extremely foolish - put a deposit down on a TVR Chimaera :D

And you were worried about haveing 3 warning lights on :D

Chimaera :thumbup: very nice car.

And you were worried about haveing 3 warning lights on :D

Chimaera :thumbup: very nice car.

I know, I know :rofl:

I blame Le Mans, soooooo many nice cars... been thinking about swapping for a little while as my Skoda is getting so little use (less than 50 miles a week) and I really don't need an economical, or even reliable, car for that sort of miles - just want one that's purely for fun.

Plus, I've always wanted a big V8, and try as I might to embrace front drive I miss power oversteer :D

It's not quite as mad as it sounds, the car in question is a 53k mile car with full TVR history, and a very comprehensive 3 year warranty... ;)