Space saver kit

BTandSid

I’ve acquired a space saver from a member on here but need to get myself a wheel brace, jack etc. Rather than the ‘cross-shaped’ brace I’d prefer getting a single bar that might also allow me to attach the locking wheel nut, if such a bar exists; I believe the wheel nuts on my 19in Vega rims are 17mm. 

If anyone’s been in the same boat, needing brace and jack I’d welcome a heads-up on what you bought. Skoda I believe do a complete kit but am reluctant to shell out £80+ for it if there’s a cheaper option.

We have something like this in both our cars https://www.screwfix.com/p/rac-telescopic-wheel-wrench-17-19mm .

The locking wheel nut key fits into the 17mm socket and provided that you are careful and press the key into the bolt it works well. It has a good moment arm to get undone wheel bolts that have been done up stupidly tight by fast fit places.

I'll second the extending bar.

Almost essential these days for removing wheel bolts.  Apart from the obvious - it's easier. And the piece of bent tin the car makers provide is rubbish.

I carry one in each of our cars.

Don't use all your strength on an extended bar for tightening though.  Unless your under 16 🙂